Using your phone while driving is extremely risky, and if your hands and eyes aren’t focused on the road ahead, you and others may be put in danger. There are cordless Bluetooth headphones built specifically for truckers on the market to help mitigate this risk. These headsets are normally mono-ear, so you can still hear what’s going on around you, and they have good microphones that can pick up your speech even in your truck’s noisy, rumbled cabin. Some headsets even have an active noise cancellation feature that can help reduce engine noise. They also usually offer low audio delay and a stand-by mode to save battery life.
BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset
- INDUSTRY-LEADING NOISE CANCELLATION – Upgraded to keep pace with the demands of life on the go, BlueParrott B450-XT blocks out 96% of background...
- IMPROVED WIRELESS RANGE – Upgraded to Bluetooth 5.0 for better connectivity, this hands-free headset features a long wireless range of 300 feet/100...
- PREMIUM COMFORT – With a padded headband & large, cushioned earcups, BlueParrott B450-XT is built for improved comfort for all-day use Plus, with up...
We examined the BlueParrott B450-XT Bluetooth Headset and found it to be the finest Bluetooth headset for truckers. The flippable microphone allows you to wear this mono headset on either ear, and it has call controls such as mic mute and volume buttons on the ear cup.
The recording quality of the boom mic is adequate, so you sound clear and natural over the phone call quality. It’s also good at differentiating your voice commands from background noise, so even if you’re phoning from a noisy location, you should be heard. The headset’s extremely accurate mid-range response guarantees that voices are heard clearly, and it boasts a 24-hour continuous battery life.
Unfortunately, the treble response is underemphasized, resulting in a dark and veiled sound profile that is unsuitable for music. Its construction is also a little fragile in certain areas. Otherwise, if you’re a trucker searching for a headset to use for phone calls, this one has a good mic and a long battery life. This is the best bluetooth headsets for truckers in 2022.
Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset
- Cutting Edge Noise Cancelling: Features four microphones and a proprietary DSP that work together to cancel disruptive background noise like traffic...
- Exclusive WindSmart Technology: Six layers of our unique WindSmart technology detect wind direction and respond accordingly so your voice comes...
- HD Voice Clarity: Supports HD Voice over wideband networks and devices to enhance speech quality, so your caller clearly hears and understands you.Â
We found the Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset to be the finest Bluetooth headset for driving with an in-ear design. The snug and sturdy fit of this mono headset makes it ideal for long days on the road with noise isolation. It also allows multi-device pairing, which is useful if you need to keep your work phone and personal phone connected at the same time.
Even if you’re chatting on the phone in a noisy cabin, their boom mic has excellent noise handling and can differentiate your voice from ambient sounds. Because the recording quality isn’t great, your voice will sound dark and muffled, but it should still be understandable. The headset’s accompanying app provides several phone call customization options, including the ability to have it automatically answer incoming calls while you’re wearing it.
Unfortunately, their continuous battery life is just about 6.4 hours, while there is a standby option to help save battery life when you’re not on a call. They aren’t made for listening to music and have trouble reproducing bass-range sounds, but their neutral mid-range response ensures that voices sound clear. Overall, it’s worth considering if you need a headset for taking calls and like an in-ear design. This is the best bluetooth headset for truckers in 2022.
Jabra Talk 45 Bluetooth Headset for High Definition Hands
- Enjoy the clearest conversations on both ends of your call with HD voice and 2 microphone noise cancellation technology that adjusts the volume to...
- A dedicated button for Siri and Google assistant lets you stay connected to digital assistants, even when your phone is in your pocket or bag
- Stream music, podcasts and GPS directions
The Jabra Talk 45 Bluetooth headset is the most budget-friendly headset we’ve tested for truck drivers. While it’s normally more expensive than other budget-friendly headsets, its microphone makes your voice seem clear and comprehensible, if slightly muffled. The headset may be worn on either ear, and it has a secure fit that won’t fall out of your ear if you move your head.
Speech is clear and present thanks to the balanced mid-range of this headset and microphone quality. It features a battery life of slightly over seven hours and a standby mode to assist preserve power when you’re not on a call. It works with the Jabra Assist app, which has a feature that allows you to have the headset read out your text messages, emails, and other notifications without having to glance at your phone. Its boom mic also performs a good job of isolating your voice from ambient noise.
The silicone tips can damage your ear if used for lengthy periods of time, therefore the headset isn’t the most pleasant. The ear hook also feels delicate, as if it could crack or break at any time. However, if you’re searching for a less expensive headset to use while on the road, it’s a good option.
Blue Tiger Elite Ultra Wireless Bluetooth Headset – Truckers’ Professional Headset
- ELITE JUST GOT BETTER: ULTRA style, comfort and performance. Stay connected while you’re using this wireless headset with Bluetooth 5.0 technology...
- 60 HOURS TALK TIME: This professional headset has a battery that works as hard as you do. The long battery life delivers up to 60 hours of talk time...
- TOP NOISE CANCELLING TECHNOLOGY: Hear and be heard in any environment. The headset and microphone’s noise cancellation technology reduces noise 96%....
Not only is the Blue Tiger Elite Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headset comfy, but it also has a long battery life. Continue reading to learn more. The headset, for starters, has an adjustable headband and padded ear cups for maximum comfort. The Blue Tiger Elite Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headset is the most comfortable of all the trucker headsets listed here. The headset did not cause us any pain or excessive sweating.
Second, the headset’s battery life is absolutely incredible. It outperforms some of the top brands on our list in terms of battery life. We regularly tested the headset’s battery life for two days and found that it lasted at least 32 hours. According to user feedback, the headset has a standby time of about 20 days.
Finally, the headset has decent audio quality and excellent noise cancellation. It’s simple to set up and operate, however it only has Bluetooth 4.0. (something we did not really like). At initially, we had some small connectivity troubles.
Finally, for truckers who solely worry about comfort, the Blue Tiger Elite Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headset is a terrific choice. Even though the sound quality isn’t quite as outstanding as the Plantronics Voyager 104, the headset’s battery life making it one of the best headsets for truckers.
Sennheiser Presence UC ML Bluetooth Headset
- Mobile Communications: For professionals using Skype for Business, who require a consistently excellent communication solution
- Improved Flexibility: Connects to two mobile phones, or a cell phone & PC, to allow for seamless transitions between connected bluetooth devices
- Optimized Speech Clarity: Unique SpeakFocus technology with three digital microphones enhances voice clarity in all sound environments and provides...
The Sennheiser Presence UC ML is a multi-purpose monaural Bluetooth headset from Sennheiser. Its microphone cancels out surrounding noise very well and provides above-average intelligibility, ensuring that you are heard clearly no matter where you dial. It connects to up to eight devices and includes a USB dongle for using the headset with Skype for Business. It’s a good choice for folks who need clarity in noisy surroundings and multi-point connectivity at work. This is a workhorse—not it’s the finest in its class, but it does a good job of canceling background noise and providing continuous connectivity.
The digital MEMS microphone in the Presence UC ML is actually a three-mic digital array that uses beam-focusing technology to focus on your voice. This produces a frequency range of 150Hz-6.8kHz, which is suitable for picking up vocals while excluding most outside noise above and below those frequencies. Sennheiser calls the mic Own Voice technology, which seems like a fancy word for noise cancellation that identifies when you’re speaking and concentrates on reducing background noise for improved clarity. It also has Wind Safe technology, which means it can recognize the sort of environment you’re in and alter its noise-cancelling algorithms accordingly.
Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset
- Comfortable design: Mono headset with over the head design and memory foam headband and earcup provide all day comfort
- Long lasting battery: Plantronics headset has upto 24 hours of battery life on a single charge so you can stay connected all day long
- Water resistant headset: Durable materials and P2i nano coating protect Plantronics bluetooth headset from sweat, water and dust. Charge time 2.5...
Everything you’ll need for your next truck trip is included in the Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset. It is neither too costly nor too inexpensive. However, the performance of this headset outperformed all of the other trucker headsets we tested. To begin with, it boasts an excellent battery life. You can use the headset for up to 24 hours straight after a single charge. In addition, the headset was fully charged in around 3 hours.
Second, the audio quality of this Bluetooth trucker headset impressed us. It’s a noise-canceling Bluetooth headset with a boom mic that can block out practically all extraneous noises. As a result, you can accept calls without being disturbed, even if you are surrounded by honking automobiles or driving with your truck’s window open.
The Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset is very comfy and long-lasting. It’s a mono headset with a headband that can be adjusted. Memory foam is used to cover both the ear cup and the headband. We also didn’t have any issues with the headset sweating. The headset’s P2i nano coating makes it sweat and water resistant. To summarize, the Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset for Truckers is the best trucker headset currently available. It rapidly connects to other devices, and we had no issues with latency. The sound quality is excellent overall.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do truckers use headsets?
Truckers must choose between paying attention to their vehicle and taking calls from clients, coworkers, and family members. Truck drivers are not allowed to talk on the phone while driving, according to FMCSA regulations. Furthermore, because they include hands-free functionality, headsets are useful for truck drivers. Truckers, as a result, utilize Bluetooth headsets to receive phone calls while driving.
Can truck drivers wear headphones?
The majority of states in the United States prohibit drivers from using headphones or earbuds in both ears. As a result, truck drivers should use mono headsets as often as possible.