While we all give careful thought to the guitars we want, we may not give as much effort to how we store our prized instruments while they’re not in use. Some of you will definitely have expanding collections and will be looking for a means to properly display them. After all, you can only play one guitar at a time, no matter how many you have. This is where our list of the best guitar stands and hangers comes in.
Guitar stands and hangers are an important part of any studio, practice space, or stage in their own right. Without them, we’re vulnerable to bumps, scratches, spills, and, ultimately, gravity. That’s not to say we can’t show off our guitars with a little finesse. Continue reading to see our picks for the best guitar stands and guitar hangers on the market today.
Stagg GDC-6 Universal Guitar Stand
- Package dimensions:14.478 cms(L) x57.15 cms(W) x71.12 cms(H)
- Package quantity: 1
- Product Type: INSTRUMENT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
The Stagg GDC-6 is an excellent alternative if you require a guitar rack that can be folded and carried like a large suitcase. One of the most unique guitar stands I’ve ever seen. When closed, it resembles a huge briefcase reserved for Shaq. When you open it, you’ll quickly fall in love with the GDC-6.
Engineered wood is used to make this folding guitar rack. That explains its hefty price tag. Vinyl is applied to both the inside and external surfaces to help protect your guitar’s valuable finish. Guitar necks can be inserted into slots. The inclusion of locks for each fretboard slot shocked me. Don’t be concerned about your guitars crashing into each other.
The GDC-6 is similarly simple to set up. Simply secure the locks and you have a reliable guitar stand. The GDC-6 can hold three acoustic guitars or six electric guitars. In many aspects, the Stagg GDC-6 is a one-of-a-kind guitar stand. This is one of the best guitar storage solutions for the studio and backstage, but it also works well in the house. This is the Best Guitar Stand in 2023.
Hercules GSP38WB PLUS Acoustic Guitar Stand
- The Auto-Swivel AGS Yoke allows for multi-angle adjustments while safely locking instrument in place
- Can accommodate a wider range of instrument neck sizes from 40 mm – 52 mm (1.57” – 2.05”) including classic, acoustic, electric and bass...
- The attached N.I.N.A. (Narrow Instrument Neck Adjustment, HA301) are specially designed to increase the thickness of AGS arms to accommodate narrow...
Most individuals don’t want to spend too much time thinking about how to choose a guitar stand or hanger. After all, it only has one use, and you’d rather not think about it again. In this case, the Hercules Stands GSP39WB Plus might be the best option for guitar folding a frame stand.
The Hercules is a single guitar holder that hangs on the wall and has a clever locking system to keep your guitar secure. We liked the laid-back vibe here; it’s dependable, durable, and won’t drop your prized instrument anytime soon.
Fender Universal A Frame Electric Stand
- A-Frame Stand for electric guitars and basses
- Designed to hold not only offset instruments such as the Fender Jazz Bass and Jazzmaster guitar, but also instruments with more extreme shapes such as...
- Height-adjustable padded body rest
Fender Universal A-Frame, take a step forward. This single-guitar floor stand features numerous adjustable arms as well as a side-mounted extra arm for added stability. This is the stand for you if your taste in guitars takes you to the extremes of body shapes.
The support hold (which rests on the back of the guitar) can also be adjusted to exactly align the instrument. All three retainer arms are padded with high-quality foam that outperforms the majority of inexpensive supports. These design elements provide you peace of mind that your instrument is in good hands.
Unfortunately, this stand will not support an acoustic guitar. The good news is that it’s one of the few stands that can guitar safety accommodate offset instruments like the Jazzmaster and unique designs like the Rhoads trademark model.
On Stage XCG4 Black Tripod Guitar Stand, Single Stand
- Trusted. On-Stage’s most popular, best-selling guitar stand as seen in countless venues, studios, and homes, known for dependably and safely keeping...
- Secure. Nonslip yoke padding provides soft contact points that protect the instrument finish from scratches while increasing traction to ensure...
- Adjustable. The shaft adjusts in height to accommodate a wide range of guitars and basses and locks into a groove that keeps the upper yoke centered...
The best budget guitar stand is the On Stage XCG4 Classic Guitar Stand. This is a little but highly durable guitar stand that will keep your guitar safe when not in use. The bottom of the stand has a velveteen rubber padding that can be totally removed to hold the body of your instrument with auto grip system. Aside from the rubber feet, there’s a cradle around the neck with a retractable security strap. Another fantastic feature of this classical guitar stand is that it can be adjusted for different heights, making it an excellent choice for any guitar stands on the market.
This guitar stand simply feels more stable than many of its competitors, and even at its highest adjustable height, it doesn’t budge left or right at all, preventing it from tipping over. The three legs are longer than other stands, allowing you to stabilize the stand in any location. The bottom yoke of the stand is self-centering, and the entire stand is collapsible for easy storage when not in use.
The single-guitar stand that gives your guitar the stability and protection it deserves. It is inexpensive and allows you to keep your musical instrument’s superb finish. The XCG4 also has an adjustable height and a mechanism to secure the center rod in position, as previously indicated. All of this allows you to sleep peacefully.
Hercules GS525B 5-Piece Guitar Rack
- Accommodates five acoustic/electric/bass guitars with specially formulated foam (SFF) covering all contacting points of the body
- One piece design for easy setup and carrying makes this stand the ultimate choice for stage or studio use
- Yoke position is adjustable for a perfect fit for acoustic, electric and bass guitars
If you possess numerous guitars, you already know that a standard multi-guitar stand is insufficient. You require a more efficient mechanism that can protect five of your guitars without them colliding. The Hercules GS525B is one thing I can suggest. This is a strong platform that can hold five guitars at once.
Hercules has developed a custom foam for this stand. This novel cushioning may be found on both the lower contact surfaces at the base of the stand and the fretboard yokes at the top horizontal bar. Long arms on the yokes prevent the neck from being dislocated. This compensates for the lack of a safety latch. You can also change where they are in the bar. The GS525B appears to be quite huge. It does, however, save more space than two multi-guitar stands. It’s also simple to put together.
The Hercules GS525B is a high-quality guitar stand that is equally at home in the studio as it is in the backstage of a concert hall. While this setup is ideal for live performances, it may also be used to store guitars in the home.