One of the most widely used digital audio workstations is Logic Pro X. The DAW gives users a wide range of options for recording and editing music. However, an audio interface must be paired with the computer if you want to record audio or transfer MIDI data to it. Today’s market is flooded with possibilities for audio interfaces, ranging from affordable to expensive. They all offer unique characteristics including balanced outputs and instrument inputs for every price range.
If you use Logic, you have a ton of options when it comes to selecting audio interfaces. The digital audio workstation industry is dominated by Logic for music production, which is also one of the top choices for professionals and amateurs alike. Users of Logic gain from Mac’s prominence in the creative industries. With the exception of a few companies, most manufacturers place a high priority on Mac compatibility, so Logic will work flawlessly with any audio interface you pick.
Table of Contents
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion, uncompromising analog design, superior...
- Real-time UAD processing for tracking through vintage compressor, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms)...
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output, 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs, 8...
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII is superb in its own right for home studios, much like the best audio interface for Logic Pro X. It provides the finest desktop audio interface for producing and converting conventional analog sound for any singer songwriter. This product has unison preamps, real-time UAD processing, and a resolution that leads its class.
With today’s technological advancements, Apollo Twin MKII takes your PC music producing experience to the next level for logic user. Thanks to the entire selection of UAD powered plug-ins that creatively combine the original functionality with vintage analog tones, it is well-suited and compatible with both Windows and Mac devices and enables for recording with almost zero latency build quality.
This audio interface uses the top-notch Apollo A/D and D/A converter, which is frequently combined with UAD plug-ins in most successful records. Additionally, it boasts brand-new monitor features like talkback and alternate monitor switching, which allow for remote control of the monitor via Thunderbolt. This is the Best Audio Interface for Logic Pro X in 2023.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface for Recording
- Pro performance with the finest pre-amps - Achieve a brighter and a more open recording thanks to the best performing mic pre-amps the Scarlett range...
- Get the perfect guitar and vocal take - There’s no need to sacrifice your tone with two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or...
- Low-noise for crystal clear listening - Two low-noise balanced outputs provide clean audio playback. Hear all the details and nuances of your own...
In addition to being the best audio interface for Logic Pro X, this gadget is also the most well-liked by artists across the board. With two microphone, line, and instrument input features included into the 3rd Gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, concurrent playback and recording with up to two channels is made possible. Both channels have independently adjustable monitor and headphone outputs.
Two cutting-edge Scarlett mic preamps with an adjustable air setting are included in the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen audio interface, giving your vocal and acoustic recordings a cheery and more open sound. It is among Scarlett’s most straightforward USB audio interfaces. If you have a voice and want to record your guitar in a professional manner, the third generation Scarlett Solo is the perfect option for you.
It now uses a USB C connector for its audio interface, which requires a different driver. After a while, the new driver breaks the connection. The included software needs numerous signups and registrations during setup and is not yet ready for use. Ideal budget interface for producers at any level. It works well with almost every DAW and is less expensive than most of its rivals.
Audient iD4 MKII USB-C Audio Interface
- The new successor: Due to the great success of the Audient iD4, the audio experts had the project to bring the successor iD4 MKII to the next...
- Harmonious overall package: Thanks to new transducer technology and Class-A microphone preamplifier from Audient's high-end ASP8024 HE console, home...
- New connector: The new Audient iD4 MKII now has a high-speed USB-C connector, so handling is easier and power supply is improved! Now there's no more...
We were genuinely surprised by the Audient iD4 MKII’s quality and style. For users of Logic Pro X, this audio interface offers a variety of useful capabilities, including the ability to utilize Garageband on the road with your smartphone and the ability to open Garageband files directly in Logic Pro X. Both a desktop and portable audio interface can be utilized with the Audient ID4 MKII. We were drawn in by the sleek, elegant design, which also has a unique virtual scroll capability that we haven’t seen in any other audio interface.
The two headphone outputs may drive headphones with a resistance of up to 600 Ohms. For such a compact and portable interface, this is astounding.
The primary knob can be used as a MIDI controller as well as a volume control thanks to the virtual scroll wheel capability. Inside of Logic, you can modify various parameters and even create automation.
You can connect other DAWs to Logic Pro X via the audio loopback feature. When not using Logic, you can record on the move using apps like Garageband thanks to the audio interface’s compatibility with iOS.
The ARC suite, a collection of top-tier audio plugins you may use with Logic Pro X, comes with the audio interface.
Not to mention the fantastic dynamic range and outstanding sound quality. With a very good signal-to-noise ratio, the Audient Console Mic Preamp and AD/DA converters stood out as one of the best on this list. It has a high chance of becoming Logic Pro X’s top audio interface.
Apogee ELEMENT 24
- 10 in x 12 Out Thunderbolt audio I/O Box. Any Mac core audio compatible application
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance. 1.41Ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Element control software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
The ability of Apogee ELEMENT 24 to convert recordings from analog to digital and vice versa is one of the reasons I believe it to be the greatest audio interface for Logic Pro X. This is a Mac thunderbolt audio input and output box, together with ELEMENT 46 and 88. This audio interface has cutting-edge software control and current, effective hardware features.
This device has microphone preamps, which are necessary when recording dramatic vocals, potent drumming, or delicate strings since they may call for a high-quality mic preamp in order to catch the best aspects of the performance. Additionally, the Element series includes Thunderbolt connectivity, which provides performance with astonishingly low latency and rock-solid reliability.
The Apogee ELEMENT 24 is a member of a line created to provide the highest level of recording performance and quality. The series also downsizes some of the best Apogee equipment, like the ensemble Thunderbolt, Symphony I/O MK II, and groove.
Focusrite Clarett+ 2Pre
- Two professional quality Clarett+ preamps - Capture clear and powerful recordings with preamps that bring masses of headroom, low distortion and...
- Make vocals shine with all-analogue Air - Premium, relay-controlled analogue circuitry on every preamp emulates the classic Focusrite ISA110 by...
- New and improved A-D and D-A converters - Capture more accurate recordings wherever you are, with extremely high-performance, independent A-D and D-A...
This buying guide’s selection of the top audio interface for logic pro X is the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre. This audio interface features 5-pin MIDI input and output ports as well as 8 Channel ADAT optical in and four lines of output on the back.
The Focusrite plugins that come with the package are all you need to get started adding music to Logic Pro X without breaking the bank. The XLR/Jack combo outputs on the front panel each have a gain and phantom power switch. The gain knob will blink red if it is about to begin clipping and green when it detects an input signal. The crisp, quiet mic preamps are excellent. With the Thunderbolt interface, great speeds and low latency are to be expected.
Contains four balanced outputs in total, including a stereo pair for specialized use, MIDI input and output, ADAT input, and headphone outputs. A model with up to 8 additional line inputs is also an option. 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion is available with usb connectivity. High headroom instrument input is also available.
Focusrite’s Red Plug-In Suite, Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, and 2 GB of Loopmasters samples are among the best value included programs. The free virtual instruments from XLN Addictive Keys are also available for purchase at this price tag.