There are numerous factors to consider while selecting the best amplifiers for turntables. Your stereo amplifier is the heart of your Hi-Fi system, so regardless of your budget, we want to pick a system that can complement the rich, warm sound of vinyl. The best stereo amp for you will be determined by your input needs as well as the speakers you want to drive. To drive our speakers, we’ll need enough power and headroom. When it comes to matching a suitable amplifier to a set of speakers, this is a topic in and of itself.
It helps to know about power (watts per channel), impedance (ohms), and, most crucially, speaker efficiency (AKA: how loud the speaker is at 1 meter for every watt of electricity). Today, though, we’ll look at the top turntable amplifiers work based on sound quality. All of the amps listed are the best integrated amplifiers rather than stand-alone power amplifiers for ease of use.
Table of Contents
Cambridge Audio CXA81 Stereo Two-Channel Amplifier with Bluetooth and Built-in DAC
- ✓ FOR TRUE HI-FI STEREO EXPERIENCE – CXA81 is designed to be unmatched in sonic ability, on-board features, and build-quality. Its audio is a true...
- ✓ DESIGNED TO BE AN EXPERIENCE – CXA81 has been engineered, refined and finessed with only one objective in mind: to deliver the most thrillingly...
- ✓ PROFESSIONAL-GRADE POWER - Oversized toroidal transformer gives an even, low-noise current without distortion or stress. CXA81 handles 8-ohm and...
Cambridge Audio has rebuilt their 80W-per-channel CX series amplifier as a tube amp. The CXA81 also includes a superior ESS Sabre ES9016K2M DAC and an improved USB input that supports audio up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256 quality, allowing you to take full advantage of its delightful presentation with high-resolution files for great audio quality, as well as an aptX HD Bluetooth receiver for direct streaming at up to 24-bit/84kHz from any compatible device. Previously, any type of wireless access necessitated the purchase of a separate dongle at an additional expense.
At this reasonable price point, the Cambridge Audio CXA81 establishes a new standard for listening experience regardless of audio signal. In the world of hi-fi, things move quickly, yet beautiful sound never goes out of style. Cambridge Audio CXA81 is the Best Amplifier for Turntable in 2023.
DENON PMA-600NE Stereo Integrated Amplifier
- ENJOY MASTERFUL AUDIO PERFORMANCE EVEN AT THIS PRICE POINT – Divided circuitry allows you to disengage digital circuits, which turns off the...
- SLIM DESIGN, INTEGRATED AMP – Enclosed in a vibration resistant design, the PMA-600NE powers the widest range of speakers (70W at 4 ohms) and...
- BLUETOOTH SUPPORT AND DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY – Extend your audio experience with nearly unlimited sources. 2 Optical, 1 Coaxial & 1 phono input to...
Denon has an almost 100-year history in the audiophile world. In addition, with their PMA amplifier line, they combine conventional amplifier design with cutting-edge technology vacuum tubes for vinyl enthusiasts and tube amps.
The Denon PMA-600NE is the Best Budget Amplifier for Turntables in 2023. It benefits from technologies developed for its larger and more expensive brethren because it is the cheapest amplifier in Denon’s high-end amplifier surround sound range. This is one of the best amps for turntables.
Canbridge Audio AXA35 Integrated Amplifier w/ Built-in Phono-Stage
- ✓ SIMPLE DESIGN, AMAZING SOUND – Cambridge Audio designed the AXA35 to be a perfect entry level amp for turntable and audio enthusiasts. The AXA35...
- ✓ QUALITY ENGINEERING – Inside the AXA35 you’ll find high quality components: featuring short signal paths, high spec heat sink, and damped...
- ✓ EASILY CONNECT ALL OF YOUR EQUIPMENT - The AXA35 has four analogue inputs so you can connect your CD player, streamer, tv, or game consoles for an...
This Cambridge model is a terrific alternative if you’re seeking for the best stereo amplifier at the lowest price tag for your audio setup. It has a lot of value, a lot of sound or music streaming, and it’s made to last. A built-in moving magnet picture stage (worth using if you have a budget turntable), a 6.35mm headphone output, and a 3.5mm auxiliary input are all included in the elegant, 8cm-high chassis. Given the low sticker price, the lack of Bluetooth and USB connector is totally understandable.
In terms of sound, the AXA35 delivers excellent value for money. Every track is given enough of strength and weight, resulting in a spacious and lively sound that is free of harshness. If you don’t mind the basic specifications, this wonderful cheap amp delivers excellent sound. This is the Best Amplifiers for Turntables in 2023.
Yamaha A-S501BL Natural Sound Integrated Stereo Amplifier
- 85 W plus 85 W (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.019% THD)
- Gold plated digital coax input or TOSLINK optical input
- Gold plated analog inputs including Phono
If you want to invest in stereo amplifiers that produce absolutely no annoying hum from your vinyl record player while playing vinyl records, give the Yamaha A-S501BL a try. Again, this is a great option for turntables without a built-in preamp. Just plug in your turntable and enjoy high quality music without fuss. The Yamaha A-S501BL is an amplifier with a durable construction and great connectivity options. It’s thick, strong, and will probably last you years. Besides excellent performance for this price, it also comes with a lot of useful feature list.
Its range of features, such as 5-line level inputs, 0.5W standby power consumption, and a moving magnet phono stage, back it up. The only thing it lacks is the USB capability to connect to a PC, but this is not a deal breaker for many Yamaha fans as people often report using it with a TV, Blu-ray player. Ray or, of course, a center. Another small drawback is that there is no built-in bluetooth connection, but you can easily fix this by adding an outdoor unit, the YBA-11.
The device also differs from its previous version by installing digital inputs and optical and coaxial connections. Another feature that the Yamaha A-S501BL boasts is its weight and feel. Buyers of Yamaha’s predecessor complained about its volume control. It seems the new upgraded version has taken this into account, with this latest model getting more positive feedback for its slim and shiny balance. The sound has definitely improved, it is cleaner and more uniform. This is the best integrated amplifier for turntable.
Pyle PTA4 Home Audio Power Amplifier System
- 2x75 WATT POWER: The Pyle Dual Channel Audio Amplifier is perfect for your home theater acoustic sound system. Gives you 2x75 watts peak power which...
- MULTIPLE SOURCES: This small personal digital amp box lets you connect external audio sources such as tuner, CD player, tape deck, camcorder, VCR to...
- LED INDICATOR: The mini professional integrated stereo receiver features LED indicator light above the power switch to indicate power is turned ON....
Looking for a medium-sized but powerful 2-channel amplifier for your record players? Look no further, because this is your answer. This one is great because no extra gear is needed to hang it on a turntable. If you don’t want to buy a phono preamp or amp with Bluetooth connectivity, then the Pyle PTA4 is just what you need for great sounding amplifiers. The Pyle PTA4 features a full frequency response (20Hz-40kHz), making it capable of amplifying any type of audio, including music or vocals.
A compact design is an advantage for this one. It weighs about 5 pounds, measures 5.39 x 8.27 x 2.72 inches, not too big and not too small. This measurement allows the amp to fit perfectly into your home without looking too overwhelming or too minimal. The amplifier features a 2-channel amplification system, known for creating crisp, clear sound. Combined with a powerful 240W output power, it can produce high-fidelity sound even at higher volumes. This bundles the benefits of a full-size amp into its mid-size.
This model is very versatile and can be used for different environments. All phono stage features are affordable and offer incredible value for money. This amplifier is a two-channel amplifier with an output power of 120W at 4 ohms. Some of the other features that will certainly make you happy include a couple of level controls, a power LED output level display, helpful and highly responsive EQ controls, and the connect and stream feature.
Cambridge Audio CXA61 Stereo Two-Channel Amplifier with Bluetooth and Built-in DAC
- ✓ FOR TRUE HI-FI STEREO EXPERIENCE - CXA61 is designed to be unmatched in sonic ability, on-board features, and build-quality. Its audio is a true...
- ✓ DESIGNED TO BE AN EXPERIENCE - CXA61 has been engineered, refined and finessed with only one objective in mind: to deliver the most thrillingly...
- ✓ PROFESSIONAL-GRADE POWER - Oversized toroidal transformer gives an even, low-noise current without distortion or stress. CXA61 handles 8-ohm and...
Choosing the right stereo amplifier for your system might be difficult. This is something we’re all too familiar with. Thousands of power amp are available, ranging from little desktop units to gigantic five-figure monsters. One of the best amps is the Cambridge Audio CXA61.
However, it’s worth discussing some of Cambridge Audio’s other amplifiers. They offer a large product line with nearly all of them being outstanding. More importantly, they offer excellent amplifiers at all price points. We don’t want to come over as shilling for Cambridge, but nothing they manufacture is perfect, and the CXA61 is no exception. However, we’ve had excellent results with their amplifiers, and we’d want to showcase what more they have to offer.
Kinter K2020A+ Limited Edition
- ORIGINAL Tripath TA2020-020 amplifier chip provides efficient, powerful sound
- LIMITED SUPPLY will impact pricing
- Compact size makes this amplifier great for projects and DIY audio applications
If you’re looking for a high-quality, compact Tripath amp at an affordable price, this is the ideal choice. The amplifier contains an ORIGINAL Tripath TA2020-020 amplifier chip, which provides powerful and efficient sound. The compact size (4.72 x 5.79 x 1.65 inches and 1 pound of measurement) makes this amplifier ideal for DIY audio projects and applications, also for small spaces like the office or your bedroom.
Affordable integrated amplifier are the future of home sound, and the Kinter K2020A + is without a doubt one of the best options you can find right now. This is the most compatible option of all the models we review. This compact option includes up to four different types of controls. These are the tone, volume, treble, and bass. With the controls and layout, you will find the type of output impedance you want.
The connectors are of high quality and are billed to last a long time. Since the connectors are gold-plated, it has a very low resistance and a reduced risk of losing signals. Of all the options we have considered, these provide possibly the best type of connectors to enjoy your music. As with many high-quality options, this model is easy to install. The sound performance is also excellent.
YAMAHA A-S801BL Natural Sound Integrated Stereo Amplifier
- 100 W plus 100 W (20 Hz 20 kHz, 0.019% THD)
- USB DAC function: DSD (2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz), PCM (384 kHz / 32 bit), WAV / FLAC
- Gold plated digital coax input/TOSLINK optical input.Frequency response 10 Hz 100 kHz plus/ 1.0 dB
The Yamaha A-S801 is a high-end stereo amplifier with a unique design. Because of its great sound quality, superior radio components, and extensive functionality, this model is properly referred to as the Hi-Fi section. An ESS ES9010K2M digital-to-analog converter is included. It also has a dual converter that performs a differential operation during the conversion process. I can certainly state that this produces good performance as well as a high signal-to-noise ratio.
The Yamaha A-S801 is a great example of a high-end amplifier. It has considerable power reserve for speakers with a medium sensitivity. And, when combined with appropriate acoustics, this is without a doubt the best integrated amplifier for producing highly clear, transparent, balanced, and powerful sound. In a nutshell, it’s straightforward, which means it’ll appeal to vinyl fans.
Douk Audio HiFi Stereo Bluetooth 5.0 Vacuum Tube Amplifier MM Phono Amp for Turntables
- Bluetooth 5.0 & Stereo RCA & MM Phono inputs: MM phono input, converts phono signal to line level signal and amplify it, with low-noise integrated...
- JAN5654 vacuum tube & HiFi Sound: default with JAN5654 tubes, improves everything associated with your music such as detail, transparency, immediacy,...
- Super large output power & low frequency output: adopting TDA7498E amp IC whose max output power can reach 160W+160W(4Ω), and equipped with 32V/5A...
This elegant stereo, despite its intricate and difficult-to-understand appearance, is simple and straightforward to use in homes as desktop audio systems. It works with a variety of devices, including phones, CD players, TVs, computers, MM record players, and more.
Although the amplifier has a high output power of 160W x 2, it has a poor frequency output. You can easily modify the tone of the amplifier with the bass and treble knobs to generate a more delicate and smooth sound as a music lover. You may also fine-tune the sound using the amplifier’s bypass function to create a more unique sound. This music amplifier also includes Bluetooth connectivity, which is an added bonus. The phono preamps sound amplifier works with Bluetooth versions 5.0 and APTX-HD to deliver higher-quality audio.
Onkyo TX-8020 2 channel Stereo Receiver
- 50 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology). Tuner Features : 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs and 1 Output, including Phono Input for Turntable Connection
For those who wish to enjoy theatrical sound quality, the Onkyo TX-8020 stereo receiver is a great choice. To put it another way, the tube amp is ideal for a home theatre setup. Its five inputs and inbuilt subwoofer output give you a variety of speaker and listening options, letting you to play around with your music. You don’t have to think twice about switching between devices.
Although not audiophile quality, the built-in phono input on this amplifier gives a simple experience without the need for preamps. It does, however, provide amazing sound quality for this price range. Even at high volume levels and during musical peaks, you will obtain pure and undistorted sound thanks to its discrete bi-polar output devices. This feature is very useful for rock and classical music genres making it a good choice for better sound.
Yamaha R-S202B Natural Sound Stereo Receiver
- Advanced circuitry design.Speaker selector for 2 systems. Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 MV/47k ohmsHead phone terminalAuto power standby functionSpeaker...
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services
- 40 station FM/AM preset tuning; Frequency Response: 10Hz – 100kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB)
The Yamaha R-S202BL Stereo Receiver puts stereo sound first while keeping things simple. There are RCA inputs and outputs, as well as a headphone output, on the unit. This enables the transfer of recordings to external devices such as a CD.
To get back to its design, because of its location, this amplifier has the optimum circuit arrangement. Because the power transformer is near the power amplifier. It enables for lower power loss while also increasing power supply for increased output. It also has an IR remote control and can output up to 100W per channel at 8 Ohms. There is also plenty of room for up to 40 AM and FM stations to be stored, which can be carefully selected from either the receiver or the remote control.
Another advantage of this amplifier is its straightforward design, which allows purchasers to quickly discover the device’s controls and dials. It also has Bluetooth capabilities, allowing you to stream music services from many devices. It means you can connect your Bluetooth turntable without having to deal with a tangle of cords and connections.
Fosi Audio BT10A Stereo Audio Amplifier
- Mini Small Home Hi-Fi Integrated Wireless Amplifier with Bass and Treble Control. Mini compact design but practical and powerful. BT10A comes with a...
- Adopting the Texas Instruments TPA3116 chip ensures that BT10A is fully protected against faults with short-circuit protection and thermal protection...
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless streaming range up to 50ft(15m) and ensure the stability of the connection. BT10A is compatible with today's latest devices...
This is the amp to get if you want a decent amp that doesn’t take up too much space for the best sound quality.
This one is just the appropriate size for your desktop or a tiny space in your home/office, weighing only 1,72 lbs and measuring 4.21 × 3.43 x 1.18”. This product’s Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility, which allows for a streaming range of up to 39 feet, is another plus. The function allows you to play music directly from your turntable without having to carry in a bunch of wires.
The only drawback is that other people’s devices may disrupt your connection and, as a result, your playlist. In any case, when combined with the amp’s portability, the two qualities create an ideal pair for audiophile hitchhikers, as you can listen to your records whenever and wherever you want.
The bottom line is that this little but powerful amplifier provides superb sound quality and is ideal for travellers.
Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 Phono Preamplifier
The Tube Box S2 is Pro-first Ject’s device to have a completely discrete circuit with no OpAmps. It’s also the company’s first product to have replacement tubes for optimal system synergy. It accepts MM and MC cartridge input and has gain settings of 40, 43, 50, 53, 60, and 63dB on the front panel (controlled by pushbuttons). The 47k ohm input impedance setting is fixed and suited for MM and high output MC cartridges. Five variable input impedance settings are available to adjust to any MC cartridge, while the 47k ohm input impedance setting is variable and ideal for MM and high output MC cartridges.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems is without a doubt the king of low-cost, high-performance analogue components. A must-have for turntables under $1000 and phono preamps with a lot of bang for your budget. Heinz Lichtenegger founded the company in 1991.
Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier
Rega has been designing high-end audio components since the early 1970s in the United Kingdom. The original Brio amplifier was released in 1991, and this sixth-generation model continues to pay honour to its legendary forefathers electrical character.
Although the Rega Brio’s classic appearance may divide opinion, few would deny that it takes sound to new heights at this price point. There is no built-in DAC because this is an analogue-only amplifier, yet it sounds fantastic. This is Rega’s best-ever Brio, from the tremendous sense of scale to the powerful dynamics.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features to look for when choosing amplifier for turntable?
For adaptability, a good vinyl amplifier should feature a built-in preamp and phono input. This eliminates the need for a separate preamp when connecting turntables that do not have one built in.
It’s also a good idea to integrate wireless Bluetooth. As a result, music can be streamed from a mobile phone or a computer. Even vinyl collectors get tired of spinning records from time to time. A separate Bluetooth receiver can be purchased and connected to the amplifier as an alternative.
Digital inputs and a good DAC are also desirable, as they allow us to connect digital sources via a cable for high-quality digital sound. A separate digital-to-analog converter (DAC) can be purchased as an option. Tone Control is also beneficial.
Why do I need an amplifier for my turntable?
An amplifier is essentially a gadget that boosts the power of a signal. It aids in the enhancement of signal, current, and voltage levels. Most audio equipment that use wireless transmission and broadcasting include it. It’s vital that we go over the different sorts of amplifiers and their functions to assist you understand why you need one for your turntable.
For a turntable, there are two sorts of amplifiers: those with a built-in pre-amp, known as integrated amplifiers, and those without, known as power amplifiers or stereo receivers.
A preamplifier converts a weak electric signal into a stronger, noise-resistant output that can be used for further processing. Low-power radio and guitar signals are converted into powerful enough signals to trigger loudspeaker devices via a power amplifier. A power amplifier and a preamplifier are combined to form a main (integrated) amplifier. Fortunately, most new turntables include a pre-amplifier. These work with the phono cartridge signal from the turntable to amplify and equalise it.
How to connect amplifier to turntable?
There are two techniques for installing the preamplifier, one for each option. If an external preamplifier is required, a set of cables (most likely RCA) will need to be connected to your audio system. If the preamplifier is built-in, connect the turntable’s ground wire (if necessary) to the phono preamplifier’s grounding post.