Yamaha RX-V683BL 7.2-Channel MusicCast AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 7.2 channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS: X
- Add Audio in up to 9 additional rooms with music cast
- When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent
- DSP Programs: 17
The Yamaha RX-V683BL is the best AV receiver under $500 that connects seven speakers and two subwoofers. It comes with its YPAO automatic calibration system. It’s best to choose high-quality home theater components for minor corrections after initial setup. Note that YPAO used to define speakers as “small” or “large”. In the first case, the YPAO calibration is appropriate. In the second, manual settings and adjustments must be used because the user cannot be sure whether a submarine is loading the stockings or not.
Packed with advanced technologies that rivals can only dream of, the Yamaha RX-V683BL AV receiver is way ahead of the leading bunch. You can effortlessly create a great sound environment, whether in a medium or large space. First of all, the unit supports Wi-Fi, which simplifies system connections and enables you to enjoy network music and audio streaming services. In the absence of a network router, there is a special Wi-Fi direct function that allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone via Airplay, the AV controller app, etc.
In addition to offering a wide range of network functions such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, the AV controller app also allows you to control various functions from your tablets, Android phones, iPods, iPads, and iPhones. You only need to download the application from the Google Play Store or the App Store, depending on the type of smartphone you are using. Simply put, this app simplifies operation and makes everything incredibly easy. For voice control, the AV receiver is also compatible with Alexa, which you need to purchase separately.
Additionally, the unit supports Hybrid Log-Gamma and Dolby Vision, providing smooth tonality, incredible contrast, and rich, vibrant colors. The unit also allows you to add up to nine additional MusicCast rooms, which is nothing short of impressive. There is also an eco mode, which reduces power consumption by around 20%. In terms of cons, it only has one, in our opinion. The only small complaint we have is that it comes with a very cheap and short FM antenna, cheap enough to replace, but cheap enough to have included a better / longer one to begin with. This AVR has a clear and well categorized on-screen menu to properly connect DSP modes to input sources. Buttons can also be used for this purpose. The AVR offers multiple modes, including 7-channel surround and stereo decoder to support Neural: X or Neo: 6 Cinema formats at the touch of a button. If raw audio streaming is required, direct mode can be used.
Denon AVR-S750H Receiver 7.2 Channel (165W x 7) – 4K Ultra HD Home Theater
- UNPRECEDENTED REALISM AND NEW FEATURES – eARC and heightened sound effects with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology. Be it the sound of a helicopter or torrential rains – it’ll sound so real, you'll think it's happening right above you
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV with this 7.2 channel stereo receiver.Featuring HLG, HDR10,BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling,it DELIVERS EXCEPTIONAL BRIGHTNESS,CONTRAST and COLOR enriching your movie and gaming experience
- Extend the reach of your music to any room in the house via wi-fi, airplay or bluetooth with heos multi-room wireless speakers - no command center or extra hardware required. Get hi-fi sound around your home with pandora, spotify, tunein, deezer & more
- Full voice control compatibility with amazon alexa lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote. Adjust the volume, change the track or switch the inputs absolutely hands-free
- AWARD-WINNING ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings & helps you optimize your surround sound. Denon's legacy & Japanese precision technology makes it a must-have for your home
If you’re looking for an AV receiver, then a Denon should always be on your “possible” list. Denon has a long history of making quality audio products and their line of AV receivers is no exception. The AVR-750H sits in the middle of the line from the AVR-S receiver. These models are for those on a lower budget, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice useful features. They come with a number of features that any AV receiver should have on the market today.
The Denon AVR-S750H is a 7.2 channel AV receiver that supports the latest Dolby Atmos “3D” audio technology. Dolby Atmos allows the placement of sound effects in different positions around your room. Up and down. Back to front. You will hear a much more immersive sound experience while watching a movie. With this AV receiver, you can install 5.1.2 speaker layout. This means a “traditional” 5.1 surround sound system, with the addition of two ceiling speakers.
The versatility of speaker configurations and the ability to compensate for physical speakers with virtual sound technologies allow this receiver to produce 3D sound in almost any environment. It has Dolby Atmos or DTS: X in 5: 2: 2 mode and provides virtual tone sound in 5.2 and 7.2 modes. You can even create surround sound from two speakers with DTS Virtual: X. With that and the high-bandwidth HDMI network, it could possibly be the best audio receiver under $ 500. Still, the minor shortcomings, like the Lack of a two-amp setup (not too important for home theater) could be a deal breaker for audiophiles.
Configuration is simple and requires little time. Once all the wiring is complete, the on-screen wizard will help you complete the necessary steps. Speaker tuning using Audyssey MultEq automatic technology is pretty good; the distance and function of each speaker were correctly assigned in my 7.2 setup. The sublevels were underpowered, but overall the sound was balanced and pleasant, set at medium volume. I easily found the EQ section in the menu and was happy to see many settings that can be changed.
If you have a 4K TV and want to make full use of 4K content, you will be fine with this device. There is full support for 4K / 60p video and all current HDR standards: HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision. HDCP 2.3 is also present on all ports, which could be helpful in securing your purchase.
You can also use this receiver to play stereo sound in another room. Either the same sound is played in the main room or it is different. To connect, you will need to use two of the rear speaker connections.
If you are immersed in the world of voice activated technology, you will be happy to know that you can control this device with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Apple AirPlay 2 is also available for streaming content from your Apple devices, as well as for voice control.
Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver: 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos & Bluetooth Black
- Cinematic Sound at Home: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows and more with theater like sound in the comfort of your home
- BREATHTAKING AUDIO: Dolby Atmos and DTS: X delivers multi-dimensional and object-based surround sound
- BREATHTAKING AUDIO: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver multi-dimensional and object-based surround sound
- STUNNING 4K QUALITY: 4K HDR pass through with support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Hybrid Log Gamma provides greater and clearer color, contrast, and brightness
- GET CONNECTED: 4 in/1 out HDMI each and 1 optical / 1 coaxial digital and analog audio connections
The Sony STR-DH790 supports full 4K video streaming and has all the necessary specifications to play 4K video through your home theater system. If you have an HDR TV, it supports HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision streams. This model powers 7.2 speaker channels and supports DTS: X and Dolby Atmos (5.1.2 speaker arrangement). It comes with the ability to set speaker levels through the digital cinema auto-calibration feature. All you need to do is place the included microphone where your main home theater chair is, and it will calculate the appropriate levels for your room.
The unit enables HDR streaming for all devices, including game consoles. For this, it is necessary to make the correct configuration on the receiver and use a minimum of HDMI 2.0 cables. However, keep in mind that you cannot connect to the outdated Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii at all. Connection with a vinyl turntable is also possible, but a phono preamp is required as this receiver does not have it on board. If you are connecting a submarine, it is better to choose independent models with level control and frequency range control.
To maintain receiver performance, it is necessary to use speakers of at least 6 ohms. 8 ohm units are also suitable, but the AVR is not compatible with 4 ohms. The AVR comes with four HDMI inputs that are compliant with 4K standards and a single HDMI output for connecting a single device, be it a TV or a projector. Additionally, a 6.5mm headphone jack is located to the left of the front panel. Switching between four HDMI inputs works fine. To run the latest formats, please use the latest 4K HDCP 2.2 HDMI cables. Note that this model does not have banana plug compatible speaker connectors for each speaker connection, only the front speakers.