Are you dissatisfied with the performance of GoPro microphones? If that’s the case, you’re not alone. They’re fantastic for video, however the audio can be poor at times. Fortunately, purchasing one of the best GoPro microphones that will fit externally to your device is a perfect solution. Finding the perfect one, on the other hand, might be challenging because there is so much to consider. We’ll make the procedure a lot easier for you with our GoPro microphone reviews.
You should consider the polar pattern, frequency response, and audio sensitivity of your microphone, as these all have an impact on how you may use it. In addition, you should consider the connector type, dimensions, weight, and guarantee. Do you prefer to gather additional information before making a decision? Continue reading to learn about the finest GoPro microphones.
Rode VideoMic Pro+ Compact Directional On-Camera Shotgun Condenser Microphone
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and...
- Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when...
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
This will be great for people seeking for a little shotgun microphone. It has a super cardioid polar pattern, which means it picks up everything right in front of it. It accomplishes this with more sensitivity than most other microphones on the market.
It contains a 3.5mm jack and USB connector, making it an excellent GoPro Hero 7 microphone as well as a variety of other types. The automated power function and the 3-stage gain control are just two of the many excellent features here. The quality of this microphone is outstanding, as evidenced by the 10-year warranty that you receive following registering. The sound is clear, and the fantastic mount and long battery life make it ideal for usage on the road.
This isn’t a device that you can just put in and use. To get the most out of it, you may need to tweak your settings or use microphone adapters. If you have the patience to do so, you’ll be rewarded with outstanding results in no time. This is the best gopro mic.
Sennheiser MKE 400 Directional On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Highly directional, super-cardioid shotgun microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio for your video
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Built-in low-cut filter and 3-step sensitivity switch for added flexibility and control in any environment
The MKE 400 is a small shotgun mic with an integrated shock mount that you can attach to your GoPro camera. This shock mount allows you to attach the mic to your camera while also ensuring that camera movements and mic vibrations do not compromise the sound quality.
Depending on how far or close you are to the sound source, you can alter the mic’s sensitivity. The MKE 400 is powered by a single AAA alkaline battery. A single battery can last up to 300 hours. This means that with a new battery, you can shoot for up to a week without having to worry about it dying.
Aside from the mics already mentioned, another advantage of this mic is that it works well with any other GoPro camera. It also contains a switch that allows you to record with a high pass filter or a low cut. This manner, you’ll be able to block out persistent low-frequency background noise. The MKE 400 is small, light, and tough, which are three traits that will help you get the most out of your GoPro camera mic. Because MKE lacks a USB connector, you’ll still need the GoPro USB-C to 3.5mm converter to connect. This is the best mic for gopro.
Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shock Mount
- Compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos - only 80 millimeter (3") long and 42gm (1.5 ounce)
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Includes Rycote lyre shock mount and deluxe furry windshield
The Rode VideoMicro is a kind of small shotgun mic. It comes with a Rycote Lyre shock mount that attaches to the shoe mount on your camera. Because it doesn’t require batteries or on/off switching, it’s truly a plug-and-play microphone. All you have to do now is connect it to your camera and you’re ready to go. For outdoor use, it also comes with a dead cat windscreen. It’s also designed to be simply mounted on a tripod.
The portion that this mic attaches to is known as a hot shoe-cold shoe. That’s because you don’t need any adapters to attach it to your camera or a tripod. This mic is quite small and does not add any weight or dimension to your GoPro. However, the compact size comes at a cost: there are no filters or switches to employ in various scenarios.
Use the 3.5mm TRS to USB-C adaptor to connect the Video micro to your Gopro camera. Aside from the GoPro cameras that aren’t compatible with external microphones, Videomicro works with all other GoPro cameras. This is the best gopro microphone.
Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit
- THE ULTIMATE LAVALIER MICROPHONE KIT - This premium quality lapel mic is made for recording excellent audio. It is durable, lightweight, and discreet,...
- COMPATIBLE WITH: iPhone* (*iPhone 7 and up require Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter - Sold Separately*), android / galaxy phones (except J series and Nexus...
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH: Camcorders, PC / Computers / Laptops, GoPro Session, Nexus Phones, Galaxy J Series, Tascam DR-40. Other device exceptions may...
If you’re searching for a lapel-style model, this is one of the best GoPro lapel microphones available. It has an omnidirectional microphone that captures all sounds and has a mid-range sensitivity with a wide frequency response.
It works great as a GoPro Hero 5 microphone and, with the correct adaptor, as a GoPro Hero 8 microphone as well. It’s ideal external mics for people who require either a discreet microphone or both hands free. As if that weren’t enough, it comes with a one-year warranty and is of excellent quality.
This microphone is ideal for vlogging, as well as a variety of other activities for action cameras. It’s a plug-and-play device that’s quite simple to operate. All of its fantastic features come at a reasonable price, making it a cost-effective option. Those seeking the highest level of audio quality may need to search elsewhere. It’s suitable for most applications, but not for those who require professional results. This is the best lavalier mics for GoPro.
Movo VXR10 Universal Video Microphone with Shock Mount
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: External microphone for iPhone, Androids, Cameras, Camcorders, Audio Recorders, Tablets, and Laptops. Use as iPhone...
- PROFESSIONAL MOVO MIC: The durable aluminum construction and battery-free design includes a sturdy integrated shock mount to minimize handling noise.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: We’ve got your back. Our products are designed to ease your technical woes, not add to them. Our friendly US-Based support is here...
This is, in our opinion, the greatest GoPro microphone on the market right now. It possesses a diverse set of attributes, the most noteworthy of which is its superior sound quality. It has a wide frequency response range and a medium level of sensitivity.
With its robust aluminum body, the entire build quality is superb, in addition to the great sound. Despite its substantial body, it is relatively light, weighing only 1.8 oz. A one-year warranty backs everything up. It connects via a 3.5mm jack, as do most of these types, thus an adaptor is required.
The overall quality of this microphone left us delighted. It performs admirably in terms of picking up good sound in front of the device, and it also looks beautiful. In addition, the accessories are useful. We liked practically everything about this microphone, but the shock mount’s quality didn’t quite match the rest of it. It’s still functional, but you’re concerned about its long-term viability.
Removu RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver for GoPro Hero4, Hero3+ & Hero3
- This device fits GoPro HERO3, HERO3 plus and HERO4 only. NOT for HERO 5 and later models.
- Maximum distance is about 40 Yards depending on environment
- Powered by included Lithium battery, and runs more than 6 hours
This would be an excellent choice if you require a GoPro Bluetooth microphone. The GoPro wireless microphone boasts excellent communication and is powered by an internal battery that lasts up to 6 hours. It’s one of the best microphones for GoPro Hero 3, and it comes with a slew of useful extras including a waterproof casing, a wind guard, and a GoPro mount connector. It’s one of the heaviest microphones on the market, but it’s only 5.6 ounces.
Professional-quality sound comes from this GoPro Hero3 Black microphone, and the lengthy wireless range provides you many of options. It also performs admirably outside, thanks to its lengthy battery life and outstanding wind resistance. Only the Hero 3 and 4 are compatible with this, which is a bummer if you have a newer model. The only significant drawback is the dearth of connectivity alternatives. If you have one of these models, it will be a fantastic choice.
BOYA BY-MM1 Video Microphone
- Universal Compatiblity - Works with DSLR Cameras, Camcorders, Audio Recorders, iPhone and Android Smartphones, Tablets, & Laptops
- Durable Aluminum Construction, Battery Free Design
- Integrated shock-mount minimizes handling noise
This is a great unidirectional microphone. This model’s frequency response range is quite broad, so you should have no trouble recording the entire sound spectrum. It also has a sensitivity range in the middle. At 3.03 oz, it’s a little on the heavy side, but you’ll have no trouble carrying it around. This is also owing to the high quality of its construction, which includes a robust aluminum shell and a low shock level. It also includes a shock mount and the necessary wires.
The microphone has a wide range of compatibility, allowing you to use it with a variety of devices. The sound quality was excellent, especially in busy places where the windscreen might be a nuisance. This device’s signal to noise ratio (SNR) does not appear to be optimal. As a result, in calmer surroundings, you may hear a background hiss, which can be irritating.