JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT+ Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
The JBL Charge 4 only offers minor updates over the previous generation, but it’s still great value for money in wireless speakers. The Charge 4 can put out a great deal of bass that won’t overwhelm, will last forever, and can charge your phone in a pinch. If you don’t mind the bulky size of the Charge 4, it should be at the top of your shopping list.
The 3.7 x 8.6 x 3.7-inch (HWD) 2.1-pound Cylindrical Cargo 4 is available in a multitude of colors – 10 total, including mustard yellow and teal, as well as black or red custom models. than more standard. The speaker is rated IPX7, which means it has an unspecified level of protection against dust and is completely waterproof. In fact, the Charge 4 can submerge up to 1 meter for about 30 minutes, making it a perfect poolside companion, or just a great splash and rain proof option.
The front of the speaker is made primarily of cloth and metal grill. Underneath, the Charge 4 uses a racetrack-style driver, measures 1.9 by 3.5 inches, and offers mono sound. Passive side-activated radiators help deliver a greater sense of bass depth, and the system produces 30 watts of audio and a frequency range of 60 Hz to 20 kHz. Some may criticize the decision to use mono when there’s enough room for two controllers here, but you wouldn’t hear the separation dual controllers would provide unless you rest your head against the top rack. Using a single higher quality driver provides a better overall audio experience, even in mono.
The JBL Charge 4 also gets incredibly strong. For a medium-sized room, playing music at half volume is more than enough to fill the sound space. At maximum volume, the speaker is extremely loud for indoor use, but the extra volume is appreciated in noisy environments such as on the beach. Speaking of the beach, the speaker is IP7X rated, so feel free to soak it or get it dirty. JBL claims that the Charge 4 can last 20 hours on a single charge and that we had no problem reaching that number when playing music at low or medium volumes. However, expect to lower that note for a few hours if you consistently play at a high volume.
The Charge 4 sounds excellent for a mono speaker at this price. Its solid construction is waterproof and water resistant and, despite all its production, not too big. There are other solid portable speakers in this price range – the EcoXGear EcoSlate, Bose SoundLink Color II, and Sony SRS-XB3 are all winners, and if you want to go bigger, the JBL Xtreme 2 is a true powerhouse, but it costs twice as much. As much as the Charge 4. However, for its size and price, the Charge 4 is a huge value and easily won our Editors’ Choice award.
Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 2nd Gen Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- The most beautiful way to listen to great sound on the go - improved sound performance with slimmer design intuitive button interface and reduced weight
- Best in class battery life - up to 18 hours at typical listening volumes up to 43 hours at low volume
- Fully dust and waterproof - IP67 certified Impervious to dust or sand particles and protected against immersion in water for up to 1 metre of depth up to 30 minutes
- Integrated Alexa voice assistant with Far Field technology - one of the first in market with Wake Word assist up to 3 hours after product is switched off
- 3 microphone array for great call clarity
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 resembles the natural progression of the original, where the changes are significant and subtle. Sonically, the speaker is a winner – you get the perfect Bluetooth codec playback for both AptX and AAC, and while it’s mono, there are two drivers, providing ideal clarity in bass and treble. And from a design standpoint, sleek, understated style meets a top-notch IP67 weather resistance rating.
Available in black, gray, green or pink, the Beosound A1 wireless speaker is a circular upward-facing speaker with rounded edges. Its 5.2 x 1.8-inch (HW) footprint is incredibly compact considering how much horsepower it can get, but it comes with a weight (1.2 pounds). The top panel is populated with small circular perforations in the speaker grill, one of which is inhabited by a small status LED. A brown leather strap is attached to the side panel, a nice organic touch, with a metal strap with the Bang & Olufsen logo.
The new A1 supports Qualcomm’s latest aptX Adaptive Bluetooth codec and of course Alexa is built in. It would be perfectly fine to simply turn on the A1, press its Bluetooth button to pair it with your phone, and start streaming. But to get the most out of the A1 deal, you’ll want to activate Amazon Alexa. The speaker should always be within Bluetooth range of your phone or source, but since the A1 supports Bluetooth 5.1 (which claims a range of around 800ft or 240m) this shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks to the A1’s far-field microphone technology, Alexa can be activated up to five meters away and, during testing, the voice assistant never ignores us. Alexa is on the lookout, although since there’s no Wi-Fi or Chromecast on board, it can’t link streaming services; you can’t say “Alexa, play Prince on Tidal”, for example. However, say “Alexa, play Prince” and you will get a Prince-based station from the Amazon Music catalog.
Ultimately, the Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 (2nd Gen) delivers a pleasantly comfortable yet authoritative performance that you’ll be happy to listen to all day long. Add to that its sleek, well-made design, easy-to-use operation, and the Alexa bonus, and you’re looking for a worthwhile set of bluetooth enabled speakers.
Ultimate Ears Boom 3 Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate sound: Super portable wireless Bluetooth speaker with 360° bold, immersive, crystal clear sound and up to 15 hours of battery on a single charge. It brings your music to life Wherever you take it.
- Powered for adventure: rechargeable battery stays powered and pumping tunes for 15 hours on a single charge. Add the power up charging Dock (sold separately) to charge Ultimate Ears Boom 3 wirelessly so it’s always ready to go on your next musical adventure.
- Super portable, waterproof & virtually indestructible: Ultimate Ears Boom 3 is seriously waterproof and floats. Boom 3 was born to get wet and is completely waterproof with a IP67 water and Dustproof rating, which means it and can be totally submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes. No matter how wild things get, your music will always be on point.
- All-new magic button: play, pause, skip and control any streaming music directly on the Bluetooth speaker with one touch of a button. Or simply set up custom one-touch playlists for Spotify on Android*, Amazon music unlimited, Amazon Prime music, Apple Music and Deezer Premium.
- Partyup: use PartyUp on the boom & megaboom app to pair 2, 3, 4...And over 150 speakers and create the ultimate surround sound experience. You can combine multiple Boom 3 and megaboom 3 speakers or even pair them with previous generation Boom, Boom 2 and megaboom.
The Boom 3 loudspeaker delivers punchy, powerful and immersive 360 ° sound, combined with carefully balanced bass and mids that allow you to capture every note. Virtually indestructible, this small speaker is waterproof and can be submerged up to 1 meter for 30 minutes without breaking. With intuitive controls and a rechargeable battery that offers up to 15 hours of perfect playtime, you can also use Ultimate Ears to pair with other Boom speakers and create an unforgettable sound experience. The UE Boom 3 is one of the best waterproof speakers you can buy in 2021. It’s a speaker that can be loud and won’t warp at higher volumes; be light enough to keep moving but strong enough to fall into an unprotected bag
It’s water and dust resistant and has a one-touch mixer button that lets you view your favorite playlists without lifting your smartphone. There are certainly more detailed outdoor speakers (see: Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin below), but at a relatively affordable price for everyone, the UE Boom 3 hits all the right notes for the third year in a row.
Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speaker
- KILLER AUDIO: With crystal highs, crisp mids and rich bass, XSound Go creates an immersive listening experience unlike any other. State of the art bass radiators and dual 8W power drivers deliver shocking sound without distortion even at maximum volume.
- EXTREME WATERPROOFING: Pool parties? Definitely. Lounging on the beach? Absolutely. Singing in the shower? You bet! This waterproof speaker is perfect for all sorts of summer fun.
- SLEEK & SOPHISTICATED: Tribit XSound Go is as stylish as they come. Curved edges and a matte finish offer a modern touch, the compact design maximizes portability. Toss it in a backpack, stick in in your purse, or carry it around with the attached strap.
- ALL DAY PLAY: Keep the music pumping all day (and all night) long. The powerful lithium ion battery guarantees up to 24 hours of continuous use! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite songs whenever (and wherever) you please.
- WIRELESS CONNECTION: Don't let cords tie you down. Premium bluetooth 5.0 technology effortlessly connects to all of your bluetooth-enabled devices up to 100ft range. Press and hold the multifunction button to access the voice input for Siri and Google Now.
If you believe the old adage that you get what you pay for, you may not expect much from the sound quality of the Tribit XSound Go portable speaker. Fortunately, that adage has never been less applicable: the built-in speaker gets loud enough to fill a medium-sized room, and at full volume there’s only a slight distortion in the highs.
Honestly, the Tribit XSound Go shouldn’t sound that great for the price, but it does. The speaker impresses with balanced sound, has almost no distortion at high volumes, and lasts over an incredible 20 hours of playback at medium volume. In addition, the speaker is IPX7 water and dust resistant, so it will withstand a day at the beach or pool without problems. While its design may be forgettable, you won’t mind once you hear how good the XSound Go sounds.
State-of-the-art bass radiators and dual wattage drivers deliver crisp highs, crisp mids, and punchy sounds with the Tribit XSound Go speaker, all wrapped up in a super cool look. Distortion-free (even at high volume), this waterproof speaker can take your soundtrack to the shower, pool, beach, or anywhere you can think of. The powerful lithium battery provides 24 hours of continuous playback and Bluetooth 4.2 technology connects seamlessly to all Bluetooth-enabled devices up to a range of 20 meters. You can also use your speaker to access your voice input for Siri and Google, as well as to amplify your favorite playlists on the Amazon Echo.
If you want to spend the bare minimum on a good portable Bluetooth speaker, the Tribit XSound Go is a great option. Its sound is obviously clearer and louder than almost any other budget Bluetooth speaker. The XSound Go is small enough to fit in a laptop bag or already padded suitcase, and will run for 10 and a half hours on a charge. In addition, it has an IPX7 rating, which means that it is waterproof enough to survive half an hour of soaking in 1 meter of water, and it has a speakerphone function. Tribit recently updated the XSound Go with USB-C charging and stereo pairing.