As everyone is aware, subwoofers are strong speakers that can play music loudly and generate strong vibrations like an earthquake. I’ll try to build a list of subwoofers that you can use in your flat so that you don’t wreck it. So without further ado, let’s meet the top apartment-friendly subwoofers.
Table of Contents
SVS SB-1000 Pro Sealed Subwoofer
- 325 Watts RMS and 820+ Watts Peak Power Sledge STA-325D Amplifier combines massive high current output of discrete MOSFETs with Class D efficiency....
- High-Excursion 12-inch SVS Subwoofer Driver features dual ferrite magnet motor assembly with long-throw parabolic surround for extreme excursion that...
- 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP renders pinpoint accurate frequency response through advanced in-room tuning and powerful controls while letting the...
SVS is an American business that solely sells affordable, premium home theater subwoofers to audio fans. The subwoofer we have here is the SB-1000 Pro, a product from SVS’s recently upgraded 1000 range. This is the SVS subwoofer that costs the least since it is the company’s entry-level subwoofer series.
SVS has a very cozy appearance, and the design of the SB-1000 Pro is remarkably similar to that of the SB-1000’s predecessor. This is a huge, black box with a traditional design that is rare for anything in this price category, measuring around 13 inches on each side. SVS invested time and effort into the design, which is both aesthetically pleasing and durable.
With 325 watts RMS and 820+ watts peak output, the SB-1000 Pro subwoofer punches well above its class and has a legendary pedigree. All of the incredible bass is provided by the front-firing 12-inch high-excursion SVS driver that SVS selected to use. For the finest possible tuning, you may also download a smartphone app.
It is one of the most competent and reliable subwoofers available right now. It sounds amazing and has some of the greatest design controls and usability in the business. This is one of the Best Subwoofers for Apartments in 2023.
Polk Audio PSW10 10″ Powered Subwoofer
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added...
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS...
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class...
Despite being a decent value for the money, the SVS subwoofer listed above couldn’t match the Polk Audio PSW10. Polk’s subwoofer became well-known merely due to its affordable price. That being said, it still manages to give a good standard of quality. Design-wise, it’s all about simplicity; the subwoofer is simply a simple square box with a grille in front. The grille isn’t very noteworthy, but when you take it off, you’ll discover the subwoofer is silver, which I think is a nice touch because you can use it with or without the grille.
The rear of the subwoofer has controls, including a power on/off switch, basic volume settings, and a separate power auto button. Additionally, a phase control with a range of 0 to 180 degrees and a low pass filter for frequency settings are included. The phase control allows you to apply electrical delay to an incoming signal.
A subwoofer made for those who appreciate bass and want to experience it at its fullest is the Polk Audio PSW10. It boasts a 10-inch driver composed of the incredibly durable Dynamic Balance polymer composite technology. For the deepest bass imaginable, this subwoofer also features a 50W RMS amplifier with a 100 Watt Dynamic power output.
It is highly recommended that those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a subwoofer get this one because it is really affordable, incredibly handy, and won’t even annoy your neighbors because it isn’t anything major.
Sonos Sub (Gen 3) – The Wireless Subwoofer for Deep Bass
- All-new Sonos Sub - Hear and feel the difference with Sub, the wireless subwoofer for deep bass.
- No buzz, just bass - Two force-canceling drivers at the center of Sub eliminate vibration and rattle so you get powerful bass without any distortion.
- Made to be seen and heard - The award-winning and versatile design features a slim, sculptural shape and high-gloss finish. Stand Sub upright or lay...
The Sonos Subwoofer (Gen 3) is the newest kind of subwoofer available today. It is an enhanced version of the Sonos Sub Gen 1 and Sub Gen 2 predecessors. A wireless subwoofer called the Sonos Sub may be positioned in a number of ways, including upright or on its side. For an even greater listening experience, it may easily be combined with the rest of the Sonos portfolio. This subwoofer’s design sets it apart from others.
The Sub’s two inward-pointing speakers help to reduce vibrations. Because of its unique construction, the SUB may be used both standing up and lying down. This subwoofer’s connection sets it apart from the competitors. This bad boy has wireless connectivity, which I believe is a wonderful touch from Sonos compared to the other subwoofers. Because there are no wires involved, you may put it wherever you choose.
These drives are facing one another to reduce vibration and rattling. The SUB produces great bass with a low-frequency response of about 25 Hz. Two Class D amplifiers and two perfectly tuned acoustic ports are included, and you will be rewarded with excellent sound quality. SUB can automatically adjust audio settings to fit connected Sonos speakers and that you can change the equalization parameters using the Sonos app.
If you can look past the price, which is not that expensive, don’t hesitate on this one since the vibration elimination feature is also a great addition for apartments. Being from Sonos itself, this has to be and it is a good subwoofer it will be used by you in many ways, not only will it make your room look premium and nice but also “sound nice.”